No hope?

rob6663 20:15 28 Jan 2004

ok if ive currently got a celeron 667 on a 370 board what can i upgrade my processor to? or where can i find out im in the process of fillin up my RAM to the full 512 butits not gunna help me so i wanna go the whole hog without buyin a new system! n e ideas?

y_not 21:32 28 Jan 2004

Bet you're a whiz at texting!

click here for a really useful spell checker

Diodorus Siculus 21:33 28 Jan 2004

click here and enter your mobo details. It will tell you how much RAM you can use.

Check the manufacturer site re. increasing the processor. Often a cheap mobo/processor combo can be an easier upgrade. HAve a look at novatech.co.uk bundles for example.

Quiller. 22:50 28 Jan 2004

It would help if you could post what motherboard you have. If you are unsure then load aida32 from here click here

Pick the personal information one.

This will list your motherboard and everything on your computer. With this information it should be possible to find the maximum upgrade for your board.

rob6663 09:54 29 Jan 2004

Motherboard Properties
Motherboard ID <DMI>
Motherboard Name Asus CUW-AM/MEW-AM

Front Side Bus Properties
Bus Type Intel GTL+
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 67 MHz
Effective Clock 67 MHz
Bandwidth 534 MB/s

Motherboard Manufacturer
Company Name ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

right none of that means anything to me. so if anyone can make sense of it and tell me what i can do to help it would be greatly welcomed, ps i have allready ordered my RAM to take it to the maximum 512

Chegs ® 10:11 29 Jan 2004

click here

According to this,they state it can take upto 750Mhz/1000Mhz CPU,if its BIOS is updated to.(problem being,the original thread is in french,so I got the translated page,and this is what it appears to say)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?