No Hibernate in Power Options

Flaxol 12:49 14 Apr 2007

When I use Start there are only two boxes and the Hibernate/Stand By box is greyed out. If I check Power Options in the Control Panel there is no Hibernate box. How can I correct this please? Also when I use Display in the Control Panel and go to Screen Saver, check the Power box and ask for the Monitor to be switched off after 15 minutes this does not work. Is this part of the above problem or something different? Help

James Betts [email protected]

Technotiger 13:09 14 Apr 2007

Hi, and welcome to the Forum, I guess you are a Newbie here because you have shown your email address - NOT a good idea to ever show this on-line. If you want members to contact you privately then you can invite them to use your Yellow Envelope; though normally all questions and answers should go through the Helproom. Also you can download the PDF Forum Guide which you will find on the main Helproom page - on the right-hand side near the top.

Now to your question ....

If this has only recently happened, try a System Restore back to before you had the problem.

or ... Run CCleaner from click here this fixes many things.

Cheers

Stuartli 13:45 14 Apr 2007

Are you the Administrator?

Hibernate cannot be Enabled otherwise.

Flaxol 10:12 16 Apr 2007

To Stuartli thanks for your quick reply.Sorry to be ignorant but how do I check if I am the administrator please? Thanks

BigMoFoT 11:34 16 Apr 2007

Unless you have APCI turned on or available in the BIOS you won't get thos options..

Technotiger 13:46 16 Apr 2007

Start your pc in Safe Mode, usually done by tapping F8 during startup. When in Safe Mode try your Power Options again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires