No HDCP ?

Migwell 00:03 31 Mar 2010

What is it?

I have a new computer from HP with a video card that has a HDMI socket on it. I also have a Sanyo 32" TV which has three HDMI sockets on it, both units are only a month old.

When I pluged the cable into the computer and the TV the TV came up with (NO SIGNAL) on inspection on the computer I find that no HDCP is reported on my video card.

What can I do to get around this please?

natdoor 09:02 31 Mar 2010

HDCP is the form of content protection built into HDMI transmitters and receivers. Monitors/TVs should inform the source that they are only capable of displaying content and are not able to record it. It is my understanding that if the sink is other than a display unit, the signal is output in SD. But you have no signal at all.

I assume that you have selected the HDMI input to which you have connected your PC as the active input on your TV. If so, it would appear that the problem could be in the video card, cable or TV. If possible, try connecting another HDMI source or sink to attempt to locate the problem.

natdoor 16:45 31 Mar 2010

Apparently some older TVs with HDMI input are not HDCP compliant. Could this apply in your case? Even so, I would expect there to be an SD output in such cases.

Migwell 23:48 31 Mar 2010

Hi again well I found out what was wrong. Despite me having pulled out the cable from the computer and replacing it and it not connecting properly, this time I gave it an extra push when I plugged it in and it made better connection. This time it seemed to click in which it hadn't on previous attempt's.

Seeing my photographs on the HD side of things is mind blowing, pictures I have looked at for some time now have taken on a different life. Thanks for your help Migwell

natdoor 09:16 01 Apr 2010

I am glad that the problem was easily resolved. You should now tick the "resolved" box and post without adding any text.

natdoor 09:20 01 Apr 2010

I am glad that the problem was easily resolved. You should now tick the "resolved" box and post without adding any text.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017