no gb space left..

Hucky 16:59 03 Jan 2010

hi i have only 30 gb of 135 gb left i have only 30 gb in music and vidos and only the usual programs installed my recycle bin is empty....any ideas ta

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:07 03 Jan 2010

a) Clear out all temporay files and folders -- use Crap Cleaner click here

b)Control hw much space system restore uses XP click here
Vista click here

GaT7 17:44 03 Jan 2010

Also delete your past System Restore & Shadow Copy files as applicable to your OS: XP click here / Win7 click here (expand 'To clean up all files on the computer') / Vista click here.

What antivirus do you use? If AVG, look in the following directory C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\avg9\Dumps. I had 500Mb accumulated over a few months, but some, e.g. click here have reported several Gb being present there! It is safe to delete all the files in this directory - I've done with no ill-effects.

Download, install & run SequoiaView click here - it will give you some idea what is hogging all that space. G

BT 17:58 03 Jan 2010

..as Fruit Bat /\0/\ says. I cleared out my wife's Temporary internet files today and got back 7.5GB of disc space. I do mine on a reguler basis but she forgets all about it.

Hucky 18:59 03 Jan 2010

done all that...now i have 90gb thankyou..i love u all...!!!!!!!!!

GaT7 19:45 03 Jan 2010

Glad that helped :-).

What were the main culprits then? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?