No Free AVG?????

Paul-has-more-of-a-clue...:@) 14:22 25 May 2008

Hello

On all my computers I have downloaded a free version of AVG, however it seems to be only offering a 30day free trial. Have I missed something?

If thats all it is offering, where can I get free quality anti-virus.

Always in this forums debt

Paul

skidzy 14:25 25 May 2008

click here it is free and seem to be a lot of confusion recently,possible marketing ploy.

palinka 22:06 25 May 2008

the latest AVG (v.8.0) is still FREE - I've installed it on my own PC and those of my friends (I've used AVG for ages), but I agree with SKidzy, they seem to be making a bid to get us to use the paid-fro version instead of the free one.
I know several people who were puzzled. This is the advice I've sent to friends :
· do not use the link in the advert;
· do not delete your present v. 7.5 - that will be done automatically when you have installed v.8.0;
· instead go to click here
· when that window opens scroll down and click on the "Get it Now" bar in the left hand half of the page;
· at the next window there is a list of AVG features and 3 columns with ticks. The Free version is the left-hand column (with few ticks!). Scroll to the bottom of the columns & at the bottom of the Free column click on the blue text saying "Continue to AVG Free download";
· at the next window click on the bar saying "continue to AVG Free Download" - it's at the bottom on the right-hand side. Ignore the text about Internet Security at the bottom of the left hand side;
· at the next window do NOT click the bar saying "Download AVG Free 8.0"; instead click on the blue text 2 lines lower down that says "Download AVG Free 8.0 (AVG Server);
· select "Save" (to desktop).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?