No DVI-i to DVI-i output...

Z1100 19:08 08 Jan 2007

I have a GEForce 6800GT card with a DVI-i output port. I now have a LCD Monitor that also has a DVI-i port.

I was under the impression that the DVI-i Port will send both Digital and Analogue signals, however, I cannot get the monitor to display anything with a DVI-i cable setup. I have to use an adapter and that is a standard (anolouge) D-Port.

I have set my monitor ‘BIOS’ to DVI but there is no display.

What am I missing?

Hanx!
K.

Jak_1 20:55 08 Jan 2007

I think you need to run the GEForce wizard, it happened with mine. However my pc totally locked on me and on re-boot went into chkdisk mode, after that sequence had run and the pc booted the wizard popped up all by itself telling me that it had found new hardware. I ran the wizard and now the monitor accepts the DVI cable and the VGA cable, I tried both after the wizard had run. Using the DVI cable with no problem now.
Sorry I can not be more helpful than that.

Jak_1 20:57 08 Jan 2007

I think you need to run the GEForce wizard, it happened with mine. However my pc totally locked on me and on re-boot went into chkdisk mode, after that sequence had run and the pc booted the wizard popped up all by itself telling me that it had found new hardware. I ran the wizard and now the monitor accepts the DVI cable and the VGA cable, I tried both after the wizard had run. Using the DVI cable with no problem now.
Sorry I can not be more helpful than that.

Peants68 21:52 08 Jan 2007

Jak_1 could well be right. However I had same proble with no connection with ATI graphics card.
My system was NVidia and I was told putting them together cound cause problems. The post before Windows was slow and with a blue looking rainy background in analogue - no connection with DVi.

I changed to an NVidia card and all was well.

Joxter 15:28 23 Feb 2007

I had this problem with a new 7950 GT and the answer was to download the latest graphic drivers from nvidia. After installing everything worked perfectly with a DVI connection.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone