No Display

sorceror7374 20:03 16 Feb 2007

I have an ATI X800 Graphics card in my PC with a S-Video cable connecting it directly to my LCD TV. It displays pc programs okay, but won't display any video files that I play on the PC. Is there any way of correcting this?

STREETWORK 20:06 16 Feb 2007

In the advanced features of the card software/driver there should be the option of dual display in the monitors tab, check this out first...

Kate B 20:06 16 Feb 2007

Please don't post duplicate threads click here Tick one of them resolved so that any answers will all be in the same place.

Technotiger 20:18 16 Feb 2007

Hi, the following is an extract from a much larger document, but I think it is enough to show that you might be faced with problems getting video from pc to play on tv. .....

LCD TVs generally either produce an inferior computer image, or cause huge complications when you try and match the computer resolution to the TV resolution.

For example the Viewsonic screen is an LCD TV and like most such you can connect a computer but the N2060w resolution is 1366x768 whereas the
nearest 'normal' computer resolution is 1280x720. Either this will result in black borders (wasted space) on all four sides or you have to go through
contortions trying to customize settings.

An LCD TV with 1920x1080 resolution would actually have a matching resolution on most computers but this resolution is typically only available
on much larger TVs.

Technotiger 20:19 16 Feb 2007

Thanks - I had not seen the other thread.

sorceror7374 20:50 16 Feb 2007

What is one supposed to do when you don't get a response from the first post? They weren't posted at the same time. Anyway, I had already done the dual display thing and the pc displays most things on the TV, just not video files specifically, no matter which media player that I use. Also, the max resolution on the TV matches one of the many settings on the ATI card but this doesn't seem to help the matter.

Technotiger 21:43 16 Feb 2007

Hi, when you don't get a quick response, two things you can do ... first, Post a 'bump' in this Response Box i.e. just type in bump and then Post it as a Response - that will bring your thread back to the top of the list in the Helproom.

Second - just be patient..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017