No copy centre

JF25 17:09 28 Oct 2006

I have a Epson Perfection 2480 Photo Scanner which should have a copy centre available on a one touch basis. Althouhg this facility appears in my list of programmes when I check add and remove list it does not appear in the smart panel of the scanner and does not operate from the copy button on the scanner.
I have had the scanner tested and it works perfectly on another computer. I did notice that it is for USB2 use and I am not sure if I have USB2 or not. All other functions of the scanner work perfectly. Is it possible that I may be running the scanner on USB1 and that is the problem.? I do not know if my USB sockets are 1 or 2

Technotiger 19:38 28 Oct 2006

Hi, to find out if you have USB2 right-click on My Computer>Properties>Hardware>DeviceManager open up the USB list at the bottom and then if you see the word Enhanced anywhere within the list then you do have USB2.

Cheers.

Technotiger 19:41 28 Oct 2006

ps - if you do not have USB2 it is easy to fit a pci USB2 card with four ports, and cheap too.

Cheers.

JF25 15:49 29 Oct 2006

Thanks Technotiger I will give it a try. I now know I do not have USB2 ports

Totally-braindead 16:06 29 Oct 2006

click here as an example of USB 2.0 cards. All you need is a free PCI slot (thats the white ones).
You don't mention which version of windows you use so if you do buy a card make sure your windows version is supported before purchase.

Technotiger 17:31 29 Oct 2006

Hmmm, no USB ports - means you must be running a fairly old system, perhaps time for an upgrade?

Cheers.

JF25 09:37 30 Oct 2006

The system is about 2.5 years old has plenty of USB1 ports but no USB2 ports. Running Windows XP Home. I had a problem loading SP2 so uninstalled it, I intend to reinstall it again as I see there there is a patch on the Mesh website for Athlon 64 processors.

Technotiger 09:53 30 Oct 2006

OK - Roger, Wilco and Out.

Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017