No control Panel Resctricted access,

suelynn 09:46 22 Nov 2007

I think I have a virus, a trojan, when i start windows sp2 I get an error message
C:\windows system 32\properexe windows cannot find.
Disregard that and carry on as normal but then find my homepage has been hijacked.

Try to delete a programme or add something, then I get This op has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect contact administrator, I am the Administrator !
Done a full scan with my Panda and its catching about 20 connection attempts and hacking tools an hour and the odd virus.
I think I got this virus initially when i re installed Panda a week ago, I always seem to get error messages just before my panda subscription runs out which causes me grief, needless to say the rest of the time I have not had any problems with Panda and I have been using it for the last 5 years with no problems.It it still safe to use my computer in this state.
Any suggestions, i`ve done a HIGHJACK this report.
Any suggestions would be greatThanks

MAJ 10:09 22 Nov 2007

Post your HJT log on this forum click here they are the HJT experts. Read the posting rules first.

mfletch 13:27 22 Nov 2007

Hi,

Let's try this for your Control Panel problem.
Please open up Notepad and copy all of the items in the code box below.
Change the "Save As Type" to "All Files". Save it as fix2.reg on your Desktop.

CODE
………………………………...............................................................................................
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoControlPanel"=dword:00000000
………………………………................................................................................................

Locate fix2.reg on your Desktop and double-click on it. When it asks if you want to merge with the registry, click YES.

After that reboot to let the changes take effect.

If you still do not have your Control Panel back then Go to Start>Run type in this ->appwiz.cpl
That should open your Add remove programs panel

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?