no cd/dvd drive shown error 37

pain jnr 14:01 12 Dec 2006

hi all,when turning the pc on it looks for a drivers for both dvd and dvdr drives but then comes back with an error code 37? have tryed to update drivers but it says the ones i have are upto date. also in ny computer there are no icons for these two drives and when i go into system devices it show a yellow warning sign next to them.i hve not changed these drives but i have removed some dvd software from pc any ideas

Carpigiani 14:18 12 Dec 2006

From Microsoft Website

Code 37
Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)

Recommended resolution

The driver returned failure from its DriverEntry routine. Uninstall the driver, and then click Scan for hardware changes to reinstall or upgrade the driver.

On the General Properties tab of the device, click Troubleshoot to start the Troubleshooting Wizard.

Error codes
click here

ForestChav 14:30 12 Dec 2006

click here;en-us;314060

pain jnr 15:40 12 Dec 2006

nogo have tried the above but still have the same prob also my mistake the code is 39 not 37 but did check the error code but this did not resolve it

pain jnr 15:42 12 Dec 2006

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) this is the error code

postie24 15:47 12 Dec 2006

Pain jnr,delete the drive then try this,create a restore point 1st 1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer

pain jnr 16:22 12 Dec 2006

thank you for all your help i now have a dvd drive x2 which is fully working again.
ps what were the upper/lower filters

ForestChav 01:45 13 Dec 2006

You don't need to know. It's not important and complicated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?