No bios installed fast track controller

ACOLYTE 10:22 18 Jan 2008

My problems seem to coming all at once just lately
my main pc has started showing the above on bootup
and for the life of me i cannot find where in the bios the fast track controller is,its not even mentioned in the mobo manual.The Mobo is a Nvidea nforce 2 model K7N2 Delta any one have this mobo and can tell me where in the bios the fasttrack controller is? and how to turn it off.

SANTOS7 10:35 18 Jan 2008

Enter the Bios, then under the "Advanced" menu, submenu "Onboard devices configuration" set "Onboard Promise Controller" to disabled...

ACOLYTE 13:53 18 Jan 2008

Thx,but i cant find any advanced menus or any thing named Onboard Promise Controller.
I do have advanced chipset features but nothing about Promise controllers in there.

SANTOS7 13:59 18 Jan 2008

click here

similar prob suggests looking in bios under PCI...

ACOLYTE 15:51 18 Jan 2008

I looed in every part of the bios and i have found nothing about raid or there controllers.
Im stumped now,its not a big niggle the pc still boots up ok but i would rather the message was gone.

SANTOS7 15:56 18 Jan 2008

click here

again similar,could be driver related..
After that my friend, i'm stuffed....

ACOLYTE 16:04 18 Jan 2008

It might be driver related as i didnt load any raid drivers with windows,did i need to do that?,i never have before.
Wish my board was an Asus then i would know how to turn the thing off lol.

Thx)

SANTOS7 16:05 18 Jan 2008

then i think that is the issue...

ACOLYTE 16:55 18 Jan 2008

I dont have any raid setup on the pc so i dont see why i needed to install raid drivers,but incase i do is there a way to install them after the OS is installed?

SANTOS7 16:57 18 Jan 2008

I wouldn't it might mess things up even more, gonna keep lookin...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?