NO BB signal make errors ??

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:47 15 Oct 2003

Hi,me again lol right been told that my signal for BB will be on at 8 tonight so im setting things up ready not sure about a few points,first
i have 2 filters but the pc is farther away than 3 meters from phone point so im using a extension
not sure where i should put fillters in the diagram on cd it says on end of extension,extension to phone socket,modem cable,phone into filter ok did that but then i get no dial tone on the phone,i put filter on phone upstairs just filter to socket phone in filter,again no dial tone until i move filter.So i rang BT and they said they cant help till 8 oclock till the signal there,whitch sounds daft but what do i know,also getting errors all over place with the modem drivers when i install them,
Starts of with MSGSRV32 illegal opp will be shut down,ok close it down another pops up 1 after the other till system lock solid only way to get it back up is to remove the modem driver and restart and then i still get the odd error but not as many.The man who knows at BT said it was cos there is no BB signal yet,sounds wierd to me signal causeing errors? on bt site it says i can set it all up prior to activation sounds good but wont work lol,help.

Regards.

johnnyrocker 12:56 15 Oct 2003

filters go between phone socket and lead to modem, filter should have secondary socket for ordinary telephony, sounds to me like youare running ME and have a driver conflict? bt information re no bb signal causing your errors is highly unlikely in my opinion.

cheers.

johnny

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:00 15 Oct 2003

win 98 se is OS,does that mean i need to put filter on the end of the extension?or plug extension into filter?with filter connected direct to wall socket.

graham√ 13:11 15 Oct 2003

See if this helps click here

graham√ 13:23 15 Oct 2003

Check in Device Manager for conflicts with the modem. If I remember right you instal the driver first before connecting the modem.

If you are connecting by USB, it must be on a hub on its own, again, check in Device Manager to see the power drawn by each device. The modem will draw 500ma, and that's usually all that's available.

Chegs ® 14:15 15 Oct 2003

filter connected direct to wall socket.click here

graham√ 14:45 15 Oct 2003

If you plug the extension lead into a filter you will not get the ADSL signal at the modem end, it's been filtered out.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 22:06 15 Oct 2003

Hi guys i've managed to sort the filter bit i moved pc nearer socket lol, i have sorted modem to but i had to format hdd and start again cos to many errors otherwise,but up to now it works ok and im well impressed not yet decided what to try extra speed out on lol.

Regards.

graham√ 23:31 15 Oct 2003

lol, glad you're sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?