no AVI video showing in either realplaer or media

gohicks 15:32 19 Apr 2008

I cannot see the video component of any AVI video files when I use either real player or media player. The files can be seen if I play them thro pinnacle studio 10. The same applies to wmv and mpg files. I did not have this problem a week ago. Has anyone any idea how I can fix this?

simmo09 15:34 19 Apr 2008

i would like to suggest you try JetAudio basic - it is freeware but has large support of many file formats. I have used it for years, also it will display better error messages which can help you identify your problem.

If you dont wish to try that have you tried updating your codecs?

gohicks 16:04 19 Apr 2008

Simmo09, thanks for your response. I have updated the codecs and installed JetAudio Basic. The symptoms remain. and Jetaudio also shows no video.

MCE2K5 16:07 19 Apr 2008

If the AVI is DivX you need click here

gohicks 16:11 19 Apr 2008

MCE2K5, thanks for your suggestion but it is a failure to play plain basic avi or mpeg files. As I said the players had no problems last week.

cooki8c 16:21 19 Apr 2008

My qwuickie for you to system restore to last week ,,, that should set you right again cookie

gohicks 16:36 19 Apr 2008

Cooki8c, thanks for the tip it has cured the problem and now I can update the system and see if the changes indice the problem again. Once again many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?