No audio with WinTV XP How to add sound

Catastrophe 11:32 05 Dec 2006

I have silence on just installed WinTV and the fault, I am sure, is in my PC. Now using XP but was familiar with volume sliders in 98SE.

If I go Start/Accessories/Entertainment/Volume Control it says there are no active devices available. Go Control Panel>Click Printers>Other Hardware and then click Add Hardware. There is no Other Hardware.

Also if I go Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices it says No Audio Device and the rest is greyed out.

Any help in getting audio much appreciated.

Technotiger 11:50 05 Dec 2006

Hi, I also have WinTV. Have you connected audio lead to your Sound card, assuming you have a Sound card or to audio line-in on your mobo if on-board sound.

Catastrophe 12:21 05 Dec 2006

Hi Technotiger

I recently did a full install and was thinking of other problems (same PC) and I forgot to install some stuff. I have installed SoundMAX Digital Audio and my sliders have returned. I'll check it when its finished installing the other stuff. I always thought the sliders were part of Windows.

I hope connections are OK. Soon see!

:)

Catastrophe 12:25 05 Dec 2006

Hi Technotiger

Now working fine thanks, after a little trial and error with leads. I did have to change them around (not marked on PC and quicker than loading manual).

Technotiger 12:28 05 Dec 2006

Great - thanks for feed-back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone