No audio from pc desktop speakers

djmk428 16:42 07 Apr 2008

I bought a ION.COM DJ 2 channel mixer complete with MIC and Headphones using 2 USB cables for connection to my PC. The guide says simple plug and play set up though I have found this not to be true.

I connected up 1 then both USB cables to 2 spare USB ports on the back of my PC, both work naturally. My speakers are connected (They are PC Line ones) as normal. My problem is I cannot get sound from the Desktop speakers when the mixer is connected. I can get music and voice to the Headphones only though. All the controls on the mixer work fine so I know it's not the mixer. Obviously the speakers are fine too as when the mixer is not connected, music from the media player, games etc work fine. I have gone into Control Panel and into Sounds and Multimedia and ensured on the Audio Tab it is the device prefered as listed in this case as a "USB Audio Codec" both in Sound Playback and Sound Recording (as instructed in thier manual too). On board sound from the Motherboard is "Realtek AC97 audio" does not work when this is selected either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

DieSse 16:54 07 Apr 2008

My Logitech headset works in exactly the same way (plug it in, it cuts of the speakers)- I always presumed it was meant to.

woodchip 16:59 07 Apr 2008

check for a switch on head set and mic for switching

Technotiger 17:02 07 Apr 2008

It may be that you need a dedicated Sound card fitted, rather then the on-board sound - something out of the Creative stable.

I have a very simple 3-channel sound and video mixer which does a great job - only cost me £2 at a boot-sale. See pic ...

[URL=click here]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?