No Audio from DVD player

Frosty120 22:42 03 May 2009

My friend has a Mesh running Windows XP. Recently he has 'deleted' his DVD player (cyberlink Power DVD) and apparently reinstalled 'cyberlink 3'. He is now able to see DVD's, but gets no audio.
Audio is fine on everything else, including CD's played on the same driver.

My suspicions are a missing audio codec, but the computer came with no driver CD's, so unfortunately I can't just reinstall the sound card driver CD.

Any ideas?

Frosty

Sea Urchin 22:43 03 May 2009

You should be able to download the driver from the manufacturer's website

Frosty120 22:53 03 May 2009

Hi Sea Urchin,

Thanks for your advice

I've tried the Mesh website, but it asks for the machines serial number in order to get to the support pages, when I type it in, the site doesn't recognise it.

Any other ideas?

Sea Urchin 23:06 03 May 2009

You need the manufacturer of your sound card - not Mesh who presumably produced the PC.

rdave13 23:13 03 May 2009

If audio fine with CDs the it could be a missing codec. Try K-Lite from file hippo; click here

Stuartli 23:28 03 May 2009

As rdave13 points out, it's probably a missing codec or codecs.

However, also check if using Windows Media Player that in File Types (from Tools>Options>File Types that all file types are Enabled.

One other point. In Device Manager, highlight the DVD drive>right click>Properties>Properties tab and ensure that Enable Digital Audio for this Drive is ticked. Repeat if more than one optical drive.

Frosty120 20:31 21 Aug 2009

Well done guys, it was indeed down to missing codecs!

Got another mate who's into media things to put a codec pack on and it all runs great!

Thank you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?