no address bar in Internet explorer

the general 22:43 22 Oct 2003

the address bar on ie6 has disappeared even though it is checked as being on under view. I have windows xp and when I log in as another user and open Internet explorer the address is there and can be switched off and on.
Does anyone have any suggestions please

powerless 22:47 22 Oct 2003

Start, run, type:

C:

Click ok.

View, Toolbars, Address Bar.

Then,

Tools, Folder Options, View, apply to all folders. (Any viewing preferences in any other folders will be reset to how you are viewing C:)

If that does not work, hit the "Reset all folders" Click ok.

the general 23:15 22 Oct 2003

thanks for the quick response, but I'm afraid it didn't work. In the tool bar at the top of the screen I have a box with the word 'Address' in, but it is not active. The 'links' box has a '>>' in it which is live. Having no address bar is very frustrating as the usual url's that popped up are not there.

bvw in bristol 23:57 22 Oct 2003

Next to the words "Links" you may see 4 small "dots"....see if you can left click and drag open the address bar.

pj123 15:10 23 Oct 2003

If you hold your mouse on the dividing line between "address" and whatever comes next you will get a doubleheaded arrow. Just hold your left mouse button down when you get the doubleheaded arrow and drag to the right until you get it to the size you require.

christmascracker 15:40 23 Oct 2003

right click the tool bar, untick lock the toolbars, then you should be able to drag the address bar to whatever size you want.

Stuartli 16:15 23 Oct 2003

Right click on an empty space on the top bar and check Address Bar plus, if needed, Standard buttons and Lock the Toolbars.

Simplest way...:-)

the general 00:26 24 Oct 2003

christmascracker and Stuartli - brilliant! yes it worked - thanks a lot and thanks to pcadvisor for running a great forum.

Stuartli 08:46 24 Oct 2003

The answers to these type of questions can also be found in the Help section of all Microsoft products - MS provides very comprehensive details/guidance for its programs' multitude of configuration settings, features, uses etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017