No Accessability on Control Panel

SeedyBee 13:04 19 May 2006

Ref: PCA Jan 06 cAPSlOCK alert, I do not appear to have 'Accessibility options'.
Using XP SP2 - New Computer.
Have even used serch.
Any ideas please.

CLONNEN 13:09 19 May 2006

Turn on the Classic Style Menu instead of using the default XP colorful style which only shows some of the options instead of all of them.

Right-click on an empty part of the Windows Taskbar at the bottom of your screen and select Properties. Somewhere in here you will find an option to Use Classic Menu Style.

Then you should find that going to Start - Control Panel will show the Accessibility Option.

Eric10 13:27 19 May 2006

Accessibilty Options should show in either Classic or Category view. Try going to Start, Run and type access.cpl then press OK. The Accessibility Options dialogue box should appear if it is available.

Totally-braindead 13:34 19 May 2006

Goto add/remove programs in control panel, theres an option there to add/remove windows components and you can add the accessability from there.

SeedyBee 13:39 20 May 2006

Many thanks for replys.
The nearest was from Clonnen, but sadly still no accessibility.
The others drew complete blank.
Could the be on XP pro only?

CLONNEN 11:26 24 May 2006

Have you tried going to Start - Programs - Accessories (I think there is a shortcut to Accessibility in there somewhere in a sub-folder).

CLONNEN 12:30 24 May 2006

You haven't got a really fierce firewall installed have you?

I once installed Kerio Personal Firewall on my PC only to discover that it totally blocked entry into most of the Control Panel

SeedyBee 17:15 24 May 2006

Will have a look.
Am using BitDefender - reccommended by the mag!

SeedyBee 20:47 25 May 2006

Amazing, have found accessibility.
The only place to show it was by going to start/systems/control panel, and there, right at the bottom, was assessibility. This is the only place it is shown.
Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?