No access to workgroup computers? Tried the usuall

mojoloko 11:11 27 Nov 2005

I have Linksys ADSL router, wi-fi laptop + PC. The PC is conected to the router via ethernet, laptop connects via wi-fi. I've set it up so I can see workgroup computers in network places, I click on it and get a no access available see systems admin. (I am admin) I pinged the PC, and visa versa, and have a good connection. I think I've set up file sharing properly, still no joy. I'm using Asus software to manage the laptop wi-fi connection, with an infrastructure setup. I've setup file sharing in my software firewall, I think I've done this correctly. I think it may be an access permissions issue, but am not sure of this. Am inclined to think there is a conflict somewhere along the line...maybe firewall, maybe ASUS, maybe router, maybe ME..! This is starting to get on my wick, but not fatal..:O)
Looks like it's beat me on this one, I would like some tech help, anyone know a good source? I get lost in the forum, so many prob's from so many angles..!

Once this is licked I think I better post an explanation..is this a helpfull thing to do?

PS: ASUS uses a Soft AP setting, but am unsure if this is necessary, as I don't need to setup a network bridge..or do I..? See my dilema's...so many thing to consider..!

Thanks to PC Advisor for offering this platform, came in handy before..:oO -creep

mojoloko 11:19 27 Nov 2005

XP PRO

mojoloko 11:26 27 Nov 2005

Doe's my PC need to be wireless ready, i mean do i need to install a wireless card..?

mgmcc 13:18 27 Nov 2005

Have a look at this article relating to client PC access when networking XP Professional - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?