NMIndexStoreSvr.exe

Jaynedoe 08:47 07 Dec 2007

This message keeps popping up lately on boot up, anybody know what it is or how to repair/get rid of it? I can only imagine it is because I ran CCleaner, adaware and did a defrag the other day.
Thanks
Jayne

Sparkly 08:55 07 Dec 2007

Jaynedoe it belongs to Nero part of the burning software

Technotiger 08:55 07 Dec 2007
  Jaynedoe 09:11 07 Dec 2007

OK thanks guys. But i dont have Nero 7 on My computer. I have just put Nero 8 on that was given to me for my birthday last week. Not used because I dont know how yet.
technotoiger that link explains what it is but I have to d/l the software and then buy it to remove this box. Any other way please? Jayne.

Technotiger 09:19 07 Dec 2007

click here

Also have a look in Task Manager (Ctrl/Alt/Del) under Processes Tab, if it is shown, highlight it and delete it.

Technotiger 09:20 07 Dec 2007

In addition, I think you should run Ccleaner again, this should clear up any left-overs.

Jaynedoe 12:19 07 Dec 2007

hi guys well i found the Nero index serv thing in task manager and deleted it. Now when I start Nero the error message has gone but it says it cannot run and I should reinstall Nero...which I did. Rebooted and the error box pops up again so it is definately down to Nero. So I uninstalled Nero again and the message box has gone and the puter seems to run faster as well...might be my imagination though. So thanks guys I think I will just leave Nero8 sitting in the box with all the other junk I have that slows my puter down and causes problems like Norton Sys works.

Now without Nero how can I burn MP3s to a cd please? Are there any simple free programs that can do that? I just tried in windows media player but it only seems to burn in wma format. Thanks
Jayne.

Technotiger 15:05 07 Dec 2007

Here's a good free one ... click here

If you also have Roxsio cd burner on your pc, this sometimes clashes with Nero!

Technotiger 15:06 07 Dec 2007

PS CD Burner also does DVD's.

Jaynedoe 18:23 07 Dec 2007

Thanks Techi

that program worked fine.
Thanks
jayne

Technotiger 18:27 07 Dec 2007

Grreat - my pleasure - enjoy!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?