NIVIDA 61.77 Drivers

Completealias 12:45 19 Oct 2004

Downloaded nividas latest drivers (international version), uninstalled the old ones as nividas site instructs. (I have a Geforce FX 5200 XP home with SP2.)

Then installed the new ones, before doing this I shut down norton av and firewall and AVG 6.

Driver seem to install with no problem but after the second restart when i try to open the advance display settings I get a "version mismatch" error message and the settings open up with no nivida tab.

Have emailed nivida but all i've got is a stoney silence.

Any one got any ideas?

sidecar sid 12:50 19 Oct 2004

The only thing i can suggest is dowload the U.S English version and give that a try.

PA28 13:50 19 Oct 2004

I installed 61.77 and had a few problems, so rolled back to 61.76 and this was ok. Maybe it's something to do with .76 being windows certicated WHQL, whereas .77, last time I looked, wasn't.

Urotsukidoji 14:10 19 Oct 2004

have you also installed the latest directX? (ver 9.0c i think at the moment)

as I understand reading the blurb from the nvidia site, it requires som gubbins that is in 9.0c and not in 9.0b

HTH

JonnyTub 14:34 19 Oct 2004

try the 61.82 beta drivers click here nothing to lose as they're easily uninstalled.

Completealias 17:11 19 Oct 2004

Have tried the US English version will give 61.76 a try and see what happens cheers.

Have also installed direct 9.0c

Thanks for suggestions will give em a go and see what happens

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?