nis liveupdate not working

cooked cow 18:15 24 Aug 2003

hi,i've installed nis inc nav but liveupdate dont work. do'es anybody know what to do now?been to symantec site and done what they say but still nothing.checked liveupdate internet connection ok,deleted "settings.liveupdate" and thats ok.but now i'm stuck.i run liveupdate and it dont download, click it again and it say,s "liveupdate is running please wait for this liveupdate session to finish" an hour and a half later still nothing.

Ankermi31 21:51 21 Oct 2004

Phew what a relief someone else has the same problem! My LiveUpdate has suddenly stopped too. It has worked perfectly well for the last 3 years. Message says "Unable to connect to ISP please check your internet connections" Obviously they are ok as I am doing this. Have checked with my ISP also no service problems. Have checked Symantext site and emailed them for help also.
Any ideas anyone. I believe there is something somewhere on the computer who can see what has automatic internet connections etc can you tell me where to find it as LiveUpdate should be listed in there.

polish 22:10 21 Oct 2004

i had a problem with live update had to go through all symentec suggetions to fix problem uninstall and manually remove registery files etc a bit time consumming but it workrd

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie