NIS 2007 & Outlook Express 6 conflict

Wiganken1 19:37 09 Feb 2007

Does any one know a quick fix to stop the Outlook Express 6 Identity Login dialogue box automatically launching 5 minutes after boot up. This started happening after I loaded the Norton Internet Security 2007 add-on pack. I could uninstall NIS 2007 and re-install it but I've heard this might be problematic. I tried disabling the Anti-Spam feature because I thought I had this problem with NIS 2004 and this action fixed it. But not this time. I contacted Symantec who were of no help and I don't think the Microsoft knowledge base is any use either.
Thanks,
Ken

Forum Editor 22:56 13 Feb 2007

test

Wiganken1 11:30 14 Feb 2007

For the benefit of other forum members I tried disabling all aspects of the Add-On Pack one-by-one without any effect and found the easiest solution was to uninstall the NIS 2007 Add-On Pack and do without it.
The Add-On Pack is a 'nice to have' but it is not necessary. It is 'bloatware' inceasing the running processes on my pc from 24 to 30 (as reported by Lavasoft Ad-Watch). If you have no problems then by all means use it but be aware the extra 6 running processes will be slowing your pc down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?