Nintendo DSi connection to internet

lil27 07:23 29 Mar 2010

Hi Guy's,

I have a wireless network at home that I use to access the internet via a laptop. This is using a Belkin router with a Virgin Media modem.

I have just bought a Nintendo DSi for my sons birthday and I have tried to connect to the Internet (wireless) and it states that my access point is secure and is requiring the "WPA-PSK(TKIP)".

I thought i had the access code but when i typed in my 64 digit number it says incorrect number.

How do I find out what my security code is so that I can connect to teh internet.

Any help would be appreciated.

mgmcc 08:43 29 Mar 2010

The key for WPA-PSK with TKIP can either be between 8 and 63 ASCII characters or exactly 64 hexadecimal characters. You might find it easier to change the key to something more manageable.

To do this, connect your laptop to the router by ethernet cable, *NOT WIRELESSLY*, type its IP address of 192.168.2.1 into your web browser and this will open its configuration pages. In the wireless security settings replace the existing key with one of your own, using between 8 and 63 ASCII characters. This can include spaces, so you can use a phrase that's familiar to you.

Having done this, you will need to remove the existing wireless "profile" in the laptop click here and go through the procedure to "Connect" again, when a new profile will be saved.

[ASCII characters are basically the numbers, letters and symbols on the keyboard. The hexadecimal characters are "0" to "9" and "a" to "f" only, a total of 16 available characters.]

lil27 09:28 29 Mar 2010

Thanks for the swift response mgmcc.

I accessed the belkin page using the 192.168.2.1. This gave me my secure code of which was different to teh one I was trying to use.

Used the proper security code this time and hey presto it works.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?