Nikonscan II Film Scanner

smamit 18:06 03 Aug 2004

A friend has a Nikonscan II film scanner which connects via a SCSI card.The scanner worked well with W98 but we are having problems with Xp.The scanner and SCSI are recognised in system but have problems.We cannot find new drivers - does anyone know if they are available? Nikon don't show any.The scanner is several years old but would be expensive to replace.All help gratefully received.

€dstowe 18:37 03 Aug 2004

I know of a company who keep a W98 machine specifically for using a film scanner. I believe it's a Nikon but I don't know the model number. They do this as they couldn't get the device to work in XP.

This is no positive help to you, I know but, may indicate that there is, or could be, a problem with these old scanners.

€d

'Nikon has no plans to support the following products with Windows XP:

Coolscan (LS-10)
Coolscan II (LS-20)
Super Coolscan (LS-1000)

LS-3500
LS-3510AF
LS-4500AF

Scantouch AX-110
Scantouch AX-210
Scantouch AX-1200'

click here

Couldn't find anything relating to XP drivers for this product myself, but you could ask at DP Review (Nikon Forum) - click here

Point being that some clever programmers often find ways to alter software/drivers for devices - worth a shot maybe?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?