Nikon Coolscan JPEGs for Sony TV

qcm 17:14 17 Feb 2008

I have just bought the Nikon Coolscan 5000 scanner to digitise my 8000 slides. I am saving as JPEGs, but my Sony DVD player (RDR-HXD870 playing into Sony KDL-40W2000) will not open the files if presented on a Memory Stick or on a DVD. I have tried very many settings with no success, and even taking images into Photoshop 7 and re-saving as JPEG, small or large, has had no success (all other JPEGs via Photoshop work, and all images open in the computer).
Have also tried renaming images as DSC0001, DSC0002, etc in folder 100MSDCF in folder DCIM, as suggested elsewhere, without success
Can you please help?
QCM

eedcam 18:31 17 Feb 2008

Are you putting them on dvd as the correct Iso
My Sony states discs must correspond withISO 9660
level 1 or 2 and Joliet

qcm 09:14 21 Feb 2008

Thanks eedcam. You thought of something I had not checked. Have now checked and I did conform to that standard. Also, jpgs from my camera or from Photoshop put on the DVD at the same time do open, so the DVD is being read, but the scanned files will not open. Nikon are considering the problem. Will post their answer.

qcm 11:00 13 Mar 2008

Nikon found scanned file OK and suggested player could not interpret colour profile or size or aspect ratio.
Problem solved. Tried colour profiles as suggested - no effect. Tried image size as suggested - bingo! The player was baulking at the total number of pixels, 19.2M - reduce the pixels/inch to 3750 or reduce physical size of image so total pixels is 17M or less and file opens. As simple as that.
Hope this helps someone else.

eedcam 11:30 13 Mar 2008

Glad you are sorted qcm good to know some makers are helpful

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone