nikimi hard drive

dazzet07 09:51 17 Jul 2007

hi i have got a 160gig nikimi hard drive which was working ok as a slave drive for storage it did have windows xp installed on it but it wasnt in use for the o/s i just never got round to formatting it when i decided to use it as a storage drive.
it was working fine but now for some reason it wont work. if it is set to the master drive bios finds it but i cant install to it or boot from it if it is set to slave drive the bios doesnt find it, what could be wrong and what are the chances of me getting it working again?
when i try to run the windows installer from the cd it goes so far and says setup is starting windows and i get a STOP error
it says PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA OXOOOOO5O OXF7AB94AB

Gongoozler 10:23 17 Jul 2007

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA indicates a problem in reading from a memory location click here. As your computer works OK normally, I suspect the root of the problem is in a location on the Nikimi hard drive that was occupied by the unused XP installation, and you are now trying to use. With new 160G drives selling at about £30 click here, I think the best thing would be to dump the unreliable Nikimi and get a new Seagate drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?