Niggling folder problem

s99Raj 20:08 11 Dec 2006

Imagine I have a folder, called Work, say, containing 100 folders all in alphabetical order. I open up "Work" and scroll down to a folder called "Sums", which I open, and then close again.
"Work" then displays all of its folders, but to reach "Sums", I have to scroll down again, which is irritating.
How can I keep "Sums" in view when I open "Work" without having ro scroll down again?

I have set all folders to open in the same window, so I suppose I could set them to open in a new window each time but is there any way of keeping the contents of a window in their same position after opening and closing it?

taffy101 22:44 11 Dec 2006

One way I have used to keep folders in a position I want is to drag the folder to the top of the folder list (or wherever) and ensure that 'Auto Arrange' is unchecked on the View menu. Also don't select Arrange icons by Name in that folder or this will sort in alphabetical order.

Another method I have used is to precede the folder name with @ ('at' symbol). This takes the folder to the top of the list if Arrange icons by name is selected.

s99Raj 19:47 12 Dec 2006

Yes, I suppose that would work, but I want to access all sorts of folders all over the place, not just particular ones.

I just want to keep folders the way they were every time I close them and I can't find a way of doing that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires