newlink router problem

zata 19:47 09 Nov 2006

hi..
bought a newlink Wireless ADSL/2/2+Router at a compfair in Worcester last sunday from rhinocom..
what I wanted to do was to connect our 2 PC's together for the internet..the guy who sold it to me said it was a simpler matter and that i could use a cable between the PC's whenever we wanted to go on together..
now to the problem...following the manual for the setup to the letter it seems ok up to the point of selecting country...I did choose UK of course and then I needed to choose the ISP but that only gave me a choice of BT, AOL and Karoo not the Wanadoo as we got...now I might sound stupid but what does the ISP stand for? is it for the broadband provider or?
I dont really know what to do here...try to contact rhinocom in Broadwas (not far from Malvern) but no-one answers the phone or answers the e-mail...
I would be greatful for any suggestions on how to solve this problem..have gone into newlinks homepage but cant find any way of contacting them...
thank you
zata

Bob The Nob© 00:50 10 Nov 2006

ISP - Internet Service Provider
Is there a manua setup option?

You may have better luck in the networking forum

zata 13:38 10 Nov 2006

tnx bob...
yes there is a manual option but when I do choose Wanadoo it doesnt recognize the VPI and VCI values..
zata

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?