newbie....help needed with wireless usb

papaquest 01:39 06 Mar 2008

i have a orange livebox connected to my desktop via a wired connection...i have been looking at these usb network adapters so i can get a wireless connection to my livebox (router) will any of these usb network adapters work with my set up or do i have to find a specific one?

MAJ 09:04 06 Mar 2008

Most USB adapters *SHOULD* work with your Livebox, but, as with everything, in real life that's not always the case. Do Orange have a recommended adapter or make of adapter? Check out their website to see, some ISPs have a compatibility listing somewhere on their website.

AlexPB 10:45 06 Mar 2008

I am with orange and have the livebox. I got my adapters from orange themselves. The reason being that there strength to pick up signal is very very good, it has never been week anywhere in or around the house and they are recommended by orange for the livebox. They are about £30.00 which is what you would pay for a reasonable one in the shops. I have never had any problems with these adapters so i would greatly advise them.

Alex

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:37 06 Mar 2008

Bought a cheap one from a computer fair works well with the livebox all round the house and in the garden.

laurie53 20:23 06 Mar 2008

This is a duplicate thread. Please don't post in more than one forum, it just confuses people because they don't know what advice you've already been given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?