Newbie-Shall I Give Red Hat A Go?

Ant101 09:25 24 Jul 2007

Hoping to get some advice as to whether I should try Red Hat Enterprise Linux or stick with Windows for building a fairly straightforward website? I'm not very technically minded, but managed to build a website for a friend using the windows platform with a free website builder.
The hosting company I am looking at is fasthostingdirect.co.uk and they appear to use this Red Hat system-it does say it has a web builder but am still abit nervous that I may live to regret it! Maybe someone here would be able to have a quick look at their website, and let me know if they think I should be ok?
Many Thanks for your help! Ant

djbenny 16:33 24 Jul 2007

you mean hosting with red hat?

i find that hosting with linux servers is a lot better and more reliable, you can eve use frotpage extensions usually too.

for the website you suggested i have not heard of them before and when hosts say no limits they are usually unreilable because people will use the whole bandwidth etc

there is a good company but its american it so it depends if the company you want has to be i the uk for oe reason or another lol click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?