newbie revouninstaller user

bravedancer 17:14 18 Jul 2010

i want to uninstall avs converter.
how do i choose between safe,moderate or advanced?
is there a general rule for this & any other future programs i wish to dump?
grateful for any guidance.

Technotiger 17:21 18 Jul 2010

Using Revo, just follow these instructions 'to-the-letter' .....

Highlight the program to be uninstalled, then just click on the Uninstall icon ...

During the un-install process you may be asked if you want to re-start your computer, DO NOT re-start at this point, let Revo continue. You will eventually get the option to Select All and to Delete - DO SO. You may be given the same options a second time, again DO SO, do not be picky, just accept all that Revo chooses.
After clicking on Finish, re-start your computer.

bravedancer 17:40 18 Jul 2010

thanks technotiger
but the help page says i will be given the choice to make between built-in,safe,moderate or advanced.

pompyx 17:46 18 Jul 2010

You will be given the choice bravedancer, the default is Moderate.

pompyx 17:46 18 Jul 2010

You will be given the choice bravedancer, the default is Moderate.

Technotiger 17:46 18 Jul 2010

I have never bothered with the Help page - I have used Revo many many times, not just on my own PC but on many others. I have only ever done exactly as I have advised you - Open Revo, wait until all program icons are shown, highlight the program to be uninstalled, then just do it, as per my instructions.

DieSse 18:20 18 Jul 2010

I've always used Advanced, if that's any help. Never caused any problems.

It just does a more thorough cleanout of leftovers.

One thing to watch - in the first phase, when it uses the programs own built-in uninstaller (if there is one), sometimes this will ask you to restart the computer - DON'T. Run the rest of the Revo phases - then restart the system.

Sea Urchin 19:16 18 Jul 2010

It's not on a Help page - when you select a program to uninstall you are asked "Are you sure you want to uninstall this program". When you click Yes the next screen is "Select an Uninstall Mode" and as stated above the default is Moderate. I also always use Advanced, without any problems.

bravedancer 19:29 18 Jul 2010

to technotiger,pompyx,DieSse,sea urchin
thanks for the help.

Technotiger 19:39 18 Jul 2010

Hi, I have only ever used the Default, never a problem.

bravedancer .... our pleasure I'm sure!

gazzaho 06:48 19 Jul 2010

I myself have always used advanced with no problems. Just be sure when you get to the delete window (if it shows, sometimes programs uninstall cleanly) that you only delete the items in "BOLD" as deleting the other items will cause problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?