Newbie friendly website creation software?

Logov 12:05 13 Mar 2004

I am a total novice when it comes to web design and know nothing about programming. I want to create an e-commerce site and have very specific ideas on how it should look but all my money is going on stock, so I can't afford a designer. Are there any easy to use programmes that have a whole host of templates for creating backgrounds, logos, banners etc, that I can tweak once I have something close to what I'm after? Preferrably I'd like something I can try before I buy....any ideas?

Holographic_man 12:56 13 Mar 2004

NetObjects Fusion Logov I think its very good for novice as well as the proa couple of hours and you can create a super web site.
I am not plugging this but 1&1 are offering the the whole software with there web hosting packages.

I will be putting my new web site up in a couple of weeks and apart from the content the web site took me a morning to do.
I don't think you can go wrong with this pruduct, and you will get loads of support from this forum.

Or have a look at ebay you could get NOF for a lot less.

Forum Editor 15:37 13 Mar 2004

being an ideal application with which to work if you're a novice web designer. It has built-in integration with one of the better known e-commerce facilities built in, and if you're relatively inexperienced you would do well to stick to a pre-configured shopping cart.

Logov 20:44 13 Mar 2004

Thanks for the responses guys I'll try that, it sounds exactly what I'm after. Any idea of cost and where to download a demo, (just in case I don't find it in the meantime)?

Forum Editor 00:37 14 Mar 2004

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?