New Wireless router Problems

Boy a loco 21:12 27 Feb 2010

Hi,
i just bought a new wireless router Wl-328. I have connected my pc to it by lan, it shows a connection but there is no internet.
I have tried a few things, turning on/off, reseting winsock, checking hardware but no joy.

Any suggestions?

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : tower
Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :
Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : sitecomwl328

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : sitecomwl328
Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Eth
ernet NIC
Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-26-18-D1-AB-AC
Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.100
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Primary WINS Server . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 26 February 2010 14:52:05
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 24 February 2020 14:52:05

peter99co 22:01 27 Feb 2010

Did you use a router wizard to set it up?
Is this it?
click here

Boy a loco 23:08 27 Feb 2010

no i havnt used a wizard. Do i need to download one?

yet thats the one.

peter99co 13:20 28 Feb 2010

You need to type in the ip address of your router to view its settings and set up security (WPA etc)

I do not know the ip address for your but it is something like 192.168.1.1

Does this help? Do you have a manual or startup disc for installation use?

Boy a loco 14:03 28 Feb 2010

Thanks, i have got my pc working via cable now but my laptop will not connect on wireless. It shows the networks when i search but it cant seem to connect. I´m not sure if its my settings or if there is something wrong with the laptop.
On my Acer laptop the LED for wireless enable flashes orange on/off ONLY every 4-5 seconds. It says its enabled and shows the networks but wasnt sure if this orange light should be staying on??
I have put in the network key and cant think what else to do.
I know the laptop used to work but I havnt used it on wireless for a long time.

Boy a loco 16:16 28 Feb 2010

Sorted!
I didnt realise the network key was case sensitive.
Doh!

luluqian 08:31 14 Mar 2010

Hope to display your favorite MTS Video on your Mac and upload to YouTube share with your friends? Unfortunately, MTS files can not be accepted by YouTube which supports FLV mainly. Then[url=click here] MTS to FLV converter for MAC [/url]as a good helper can convert MTS to FLV on Mac, MTS to YouTube on Mac, also MKV to YouTube for Mac on Mac OS X and upgraded to give a full support to Snow Leopard.
MTS to FLV converter for Mac supports convert MTS, MP4, MOV, MPG/MPEG(MPEG-1/2), VOB(DVD), AVI(DivX,Xvid), WMV, MKV, 3GP/3GPP, 3G2/3GP2, RM/RMVB, DV, M4V, SWF (Flash Player) to FLV(YouTube) on Mac OS.
Mac OS MTS to FLV converter also offers convert MKV to FLV, MOV to FLV, MPG to FLV, VOB to FLV, AVI to FLV, WMV to FLV, 3GP to FLV, RM o FLV, DV to FLV, M4V to FLV, MTS to FLV etc vice versa and convert MTS to almost all the common formats, such as avi,vob etc.
MTS to FLV converter for Mac OS X can rip audio from MTS video and save output formats as AAC, AC3, AMR, M4A, MKA, MP3/MP2, RA, WAV, WMA, AIFF, FLAC.
With [url=click here]Mac OS MTS to FLV converter[/url], convert/playback your MTS video to FLV like stealing candy from a baby, and you also can edit your MTS video to FLV, such as Trim(set starting time and ending time), Setting(Resolution, Bit Rate, Frame Rate and Encoder), Effect (brightness, contrast, saturation),Crop(aspect ratio ).
[img]click here[/img]

luluqian 08:32 14 Mar 2010

Effective[url=click here]AVCHD to MP4 converter for Mac[/url] as a powerful video conversion tool is specially designed for Canon, Sony, Panasonic, JVC AVCHD handycam user who need to convert AVCHD(mts.m2ts.ts) files to MPEG-4/H.264 MP4 on Mac os x.
Mac AVCHD to MP4 converter supports convert AVCHD to MPEG-4/H.264 with different resolution(720×480, 720×432 etc) then sync MP4 files with iTunes to iPhone, iPod on Mac. Import AVCHD to MP4 Player like PSP, Apple tv, Gphone, Zune etc directly also can using AVCHD to MP4 program for MAC.
Bring AVCHD footage to MP4 video editor like iMovie, FCP, FCE, Adobe Premiere Pro etc for editing surely can take AVCHD to MP4 conversion software Mac.
Burn AVCHD files to DVD with iDVD on Mac can be come true with Mac AVCHD to MP4 converting software which can convert AVCHD to MP4 for importing to iDVD just through a few mouse click.
Tips: MP4 is a container format that used to store video, audio, subtitles, chapters and so on. MPEG-4 is a patented collection of methods defining compression of audio and visual (AV) digital data. H.264 AVC is a standard for video compression that can create a standard capable of providing good video quality at substantially lower bit rates than previous standards.
More about AVCHD to MP4 converter for Mac
[url=click here]AVCHD to MP4 program for Mac[/url] can:
Convert AVCHD to MOV, MPG, WMV, FLV, 3GP/3GPP, 3G2/3GP2, RM/ RMVB, DV, M4V, SWF, HD video(hd mp4,avi, mov, mpg, wmv etc ) on Mac os x.
Extract audio from video and save as AAC, AC3, AMR, M4A, MKA, MP3/MP2, RA, WAV, WMA, AIFF, FLAC.
Import AVCHD video to almost all popular video device like mobile phone, Creative Zen Vision, iriver etc directly without downloading any more codec.
Do some simple editor for your AVCHD files, such as crop, trim,split, effect, setting, merge, snapshot etc.
[url=click here]free download click here[/url]
Step by step on how to convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
Suited for both veterans and beginners and no problem to run on the Intel-based Mac version and Power PC-based Mac version.
Step one : Download AVCHD to MP4 converter for Mac
Download, install and run AVCHD video on your Mac
Step two: Add raw AVCHD files
Click Add Files to Add AVCHD files, AVCHD to MP4 convert tool offer batch conversion, so you can add more than one a time.
Step three: Set output and save
Click Profile drop-down menu, choose MP4 as the output formats, then click Browse to save it to destination place.
Step four: Edit AVCHD video on Mac
Click Trim to set starting time and ending time of AVCHD video
Click Setting to adjust Resolution, Bit Rate, Frame Rate and Encoder of AVCHD video
Click edit to adjusting the brightness, contrast and saturation through effect, set aspect ratio to remove unwanted black edge through Crop.
Step five; Convert AVCHD to MP4 on Mac
Do it just by click Convert, then import ripe AVCHD to MP4 video device etc.

[img]
click here[/img]

richardebbey 04:53 15 Mar 2010

Modern routers use cat6/5 cables to interface with devices, not screw based cables. It sounds like you may have wanted to purchase a cable modem (the part you screw the coax into)....and this would connect to the router with a cable?click here
[url=click here]Livea[/url]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache