New wireless home network for a novice

Admiral Allstar 23:48 08 Jul 2006

Hi

I am going to create a wireless network at home to link my PC, laptop and printer.

I am going to buy the Canon Pixma IP5200R printer with in-built wireless capability, I already have the Sony Vaio VGN-SZ2XP/C laptop with integrated wireless adapter and was going to buy the Netgear DG834G wireless router and a Netgear WG311 wireless adaptor for the pc. This would enable both the laptop and pc to access the internet.

However, I am unsure whether this would this suffice to access the printer or whether i would need to buy a wireless printer server??

ade.h 00:05 09 Jul 2006

You won't need a printer server; that's the point of native wireless printer functionality.

It's very late now, so I'll respond in more detail sometime tomorrow.

Admiral Allstar 00:27 09 Jul 2006

ade.h

Many thanks for the reply. It is much appreciated.

Admiral Allstar 22:07 09 Jul 2006

following on from this, the motherboard i am thinknig of getting is the Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe Wireless Edition. Would this negate the need to get the Netgear WG311 adapter to access the router and printer etc??

ade.h 22:19 09 Jul 2006

The name would suggest so, but I won't make any assumptions without seeing the spec.

Nazzarenu Boy 09:47 10 Jul 2006

i think these are the specs
click here

Admiral Allstar 21:10 10 Jul 2006

spces above or click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?