New windows freezing browser...

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:50 18 Dec 2006

This problem only started this morning and I did a crap clean last night, so I assume something got deleted that shouldn't have.

If I click a link on a page that opens in a new window, the window opens blank, and the browser freezes. I have to 'end task'.

It's ok if I use the mouse wheel to open the link in a new tab, but not a left click into a new window.

Any ideas?

Technotiger 23:03 18 Dec 2006

Hi, assuming you are using XP you could try a System Restore back to before you did the clean.

Cheers

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:08 18 Dec 2006

will make that the final option as despite what it says about leaving your files intact, it doesn't in some cases.

birdface 23:09 18 Dec 2006

Hi ,Go Back into C Cleaner, Make sure it is not deleting all your Cookies,If so save them in the other box,

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:10 18 Dec 2006

deleting a cookie would cause the problem. Never happened before.

Technotiger 23:11 18 Dec 2006

OK - but I have never ever had that happen when I have done Restores.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:15 18 Dec 2006

all the time when I was using ME. Maybe XP is a bit more reliable. Will give it a try later unless anything else is suggested.

I'm a bit reluctant because I downloaded 1.5 gigs of backup files from cyberspace this morning and I don't really want to have to do it again.

barryoneoff.co.uk 12:07 19 Dec 2006

go into a big technical spiel about how I cured it, but it stopped happening after a restart!

Technotiger 13:19 19 Dec 2006

Grrreat, all's well that ends well. Cheers.

Don't forget the Green tick!

Technotiger 13:20 19 Dec 2006

Oooops, sorry just noticed you had ticked!

Merry Christmas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?