New to Website design

simon_lambert 11:21 21 Mar 2007

Ok, step one is to design a website, thats obvious. I've done that on MS Frontpage 2003.

Now what?

How do I get it onto the internet? Thanks

djbenny 20:03 21 Mar 2007

use someone like click here to host it?

Bagsey 17:18 24 Mar 2007

Most ISPs give some free web space. If yours does not, then look at Bravehost.com

Bagsey 17:22 24 Mar 2007

Sorry I missed sending the url. This is it.
click here
I have used them for years and always found it to be a good free hosting service who provide many extras when you get experience of web design

simon_lambert 21:47 24 Mar 2007

I want my own domain though, eg: example.co.uk
How do I get my site to have an address like this? I know I need to buy the domain, and pay a company to host, and once I have a host and a website, what next?

djbenny 22:27 24 Mar 2007

if you goto for example click here they will do it if you pay for the year in advance you get a free domain the servers are very fast and the service is very cheap!

Bagsey 10:12 25 Mar 2007

If you look at this
click here
you will find a free domain name.
The only requirement is that you show their small add on your front page. To see what this means go to my website on click here
I think that is a small price to pay, but you may not want that.

caast©? 19:30 25 Mar 2007

Get the domain first. Your internet provider surely has free webspace. check them out to see how much webspace you have. If they provide the space then you can host your website with them.

Then all you need is website forwarding which will direct anyone typing in your domain name to your webspace. which could be something like myname.mywebspaceprovider.com. Then if someone types in mynewwebsitename.co.uk it will be re-directed to the URL that your website is hosted. eg myname.mywebspaceprovider.com

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?