New Vista Home Premium Laptop

BigMac32 18:22 29 Mar 2007

HI! Can anyone please help me in upgrading to a new laptop. I want Vista Home Premium. I dont play games or watch movies on my laptop. I have £1300.00 to spend. Thanks!

Hackwatch 19:37 29 Mar 2007

Try Novatech, Toshiba, Rockdirect, PC World, Comet, Currys, the list could go on & on.

Hackwatch 19:44 29 Mar 2007

OK.
Novatech will supply you with what you want, for more info go to click here if you cant find what you want ring them, they are nice people to deal with.

Toshiba will also sell you a laptop with what you want on it. More info click here

Rockdirect are well made, but customer service has been a bit poor recently click here they will also help yoi with want you want.

Hopefully these 3 will help.
Toshiba do sell great Laptops, my last 3 have all been with them. My recent one in Jan of this year was tailor made spec wise for me & all for £600 for a Laptop worth £750 with anyone else.

Happy hunting & post back with how you get on.

skidzy 19:50 29 Mar 2007

You do not need all that money to get a laptop to do what you wish,you can half that.

I have the Dell Inspiron 6400 and am very pleased with it.Obviously you can something cheaper if you are happy to lower the spec of the one i am advising on. click here

If you need a lappy just for the net/music/writing a few docs etc...you can go cheaper still.

skidzy 19:53 29 Mar 2007

My apologies,wrong link...here is the correct link click here

BigMac32 17:43 30 Mar 2007

I am tempted by the Sony FE41-Z. Any good?

Kate B 18:00 30 Mar 2007

I haven't looked at the specs but generally Sony laptops, while lovely to look at, tend to be very expensive for what you get.

Kate B 18:00 30 Mar 2007

I haven't looked at the specs but generally Sony laptops, while lovely to look at, tend to be very expensive for what you get.

skidzy 18:10 30 Mar 2007

Kate B is spot on Mac,im guessing the Sony would cost around £1100..you have plenty of choices out there that will do exactly the same job for half the money or less.
Obviously your choice,some people swear by Sony and would not buy anything less.

BigMac32 18:56 30 Mar 2007

Help me!!!!

skidzy 20:05 30 Mar 2007

"Help me!!!!"

We have offered advice,but if this is not what your looking for...please explain your requirements in detail.

If your after just a big name for show,go for the sony...but in my view its a waste of £500 when many many laptops will do exactly the same job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?