new vista computer and network problem

sidmo 18:17 05 Jan 2008

Have been running a home network for a few years using netgear Dg834 modem/router.Bought a new P/bell comp last week that runs Vista home premium.(I'm new to Vista)Set it up and everything running ok but today I cannot access web or home network. My router cannot seem to pick up new comp. but but can still see this comp which is using XP pro and daughters laptop also using Vista.Have checked all settings and tried rebooting router but no joy.Can anyone help please?

BurrWalnut 19:43 05 Jan 2008

Remove the existing connection on the Vista machine and set it up again :-

1. Go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Manage Wireless Networks in the left pane and right-click the one you want to remove.

2. To connect go to Control Panel > Network and Sharing Center > Set up a Connection or Network in the left pane > Manually Connect > Next then key in the SSID, select WEP/WPA and type in the key. You may also want to tick ‘Start this….‘ and ‘Connect even……‘.

sidmo 19:59 05 Jan 2008

Have just tried the above but it still won't connect.

sidmo 20:16 05 Jan 2008

Have just tried again and after connecting to my home network it still refused to connect to the internet but after several attempts it now works.

Thank you very much.

BurrWalnut 20:21 05 Jan 2008

Well done!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?