New versions of CCleaner and MS Defender

BurrWalnut 14:52 16 Feb 2006

1. The latest CrapCleaner puts the Yahoo toolbar into your browser unless you untick it when installing it, otherwise you'll have to go to Add/Remove Programs to get rid of it. There is no option in CC to remove - it's an imposition.

2. Microsoft Defender has a -hide parameter against it in msconfig, presumably this hides the system tray icon.

Haol 15:01 16 Feb 2006

So?

BurrWalnut 15:04 16 Feb 2006

SO, I don't like Yahoo!

Skills 15:08 16 Feb 2006

Yes i noticed the hide parameter on the new MS defender entry wonder if theres a workaround to get a tray icon?

As far as bundled BHO's go nero try to get you to download the yahoo one with there updates as well. It also irritates me but a simple untick of a box and no BHO downloaded. I personally dont use ccleaner had a bad experience once.

SG Atlantis® 15:08 16 Feb 2006

Then click the donation bit and pay for ccleaner. It helps fund a superb free app and if you READ through the install you would see it's there to be unticked, I noticed it first time round. It's not like it's hidden or incorporated into ccleaner, you are given the option to UNTICK it plainly and openly.

SG Atlantis® 15:11 16 Feb 2006

MS defender I just created a shortcut and sent it to the quicklaunch in the taskbar.

BurrWalnut 15:25 16 Feb 2006

I've just removed the -hide from the \run key but it opens the program when booting.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?