New version of AdAware 2007 now out in beta form

Stuartli 14:42 06 Mar 2007

You can download it at:

click here

anskyber 14:48 06 Mar 2007

Thanks, but I see it's not the replacement for the Adaware SE free but the full version beta which is limited to a 4 day trial.

sunny staines 17:54 06 Mar 2007

I, waiting for the free ver to follow.

rawprawn 17:59 06 Mar 2007

I now put my faith in this
click here

frankie 20:38 06 Mar 2007

thats looking good that prog,found two things that adaware did not,would you say that it is replacement for adaware,or run both together?

Stuartli 21:54 06 Mar 2007

I use AdAware, S and D, AVG AntiSpyware and Spyware Terminator and test them against each other.

Three of them find very few unwanted items, but the AVG utility finds dozens - unfortunately it won't completely Delete or Quarantine at least three-quarters of them...:-(

rawprawn 07:27 07 Mar 2007

I don't use Ad Aware any longer, but having said that I still use Spywareblaster, and occasionally run Spybot as a check. I think Spyware Terminator is an excellent program particularly as it also gives real time protection.

Batch 08:45 07 Mar 2007

You say that AVG AntiSpyware finds dozens - what is the nature of what it finds (especially as, from what you say, the others apps don't find them)?

Amongst others, I use Trend Micro Housecall. It finds a few things that I have on my system that it considers suspect (and I can see why) but are genuine apps - such as Snadboys Revelation and Magic Jellybean. It even detects that I don't have certain Office security updates installed.

Stuartli 10:03 07 Mar 2007

Mostly tracking cookies - I use CCCleaner to get rid of them.

Batch 10:34 07 Mar 2007

Ah! I always run CCleaner just BEFORE the various spyware / adware detectors. If I forget, I find that AdAware and SpyAudit detect them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone