new update to CCleaner 2.10.618

sunny staines 12:29 30 Jul 2008

- Added Type Library cleaning to Registry Cleaner.
- Improved File Extension scanning in Registry Cleaner.
- Added /SHUTDOWN command-line parameter to shutdown the computer
after cleaning. Only works with /AUTO.
- Added Shutdown option to system tray menu.
- Added support for Vista common dialogs.
- Fixed bug in Uninstaller Tool where some items were hidden.
- Fixed multi-monitor issue with dialogs.
- Fixed incompatibility with Windows Search 4.0.
- Added seconds to filename when saving .REG files.
- Improved RegEdit location navigation.
- Improved Google Earth cleaning and detection.
- Memory usage optimizations.
- Minor bug fixes.

click here

compumac 12:49 30 Jul 2008

Thanks for that.

compumac 12:53 30 Jul 2008

I said thanks for that - however CCleaner removed 1,052 Mb. I use CCleaner every week and have never had such a high figure. Keeping fingers crossed, although I have only just created a system image yesterday.

ste76 13:24 30 Jul 2008

I ran the registry scan and deleted everything without making a backup first... am i incredibly brave or what?

compumac 13:49 30 Jul 2008

I do that every time, but this time I am a little apprehensive at the amount of 1,052Mb being removed since I use the programme regularly.
Not since I first used it many eons ago has the amount been that high. On that occasion it was
something in the region of 760Mb and I backed out quickly but then after a few days of looking through the forums I put my trust in what CCleaner did and just allowed to delete anything it found without creating a restore point.

dagbladet 13:50 30 Jul 2008

compumac

I'd be interested to hear the outcome. Seems an awful lot for a week. Could it be the Google Earth cleaner?

jolorna 13:55 30 Jul 2008

cheers

compumac 14:04 30 Jul 2008

Currently every programme that I have used since updating CCleaner would appear to be functioning as it should. However over the next twenty four hours I will go through everything.
Google Earth cleaner??

dagbladet 15:26 30 Jul 2008

Above in the opening post is a list of the changes /improvements within the update. One is "- Improved Google Earth cleaning and detection."

I wondered if you had stacks of google earth stuff in the cache, which previously went undetected but is now 'cleaned'.

Wild stab in the dark.

compumac 16:21 30 Jul 2008

Sorry I missed the reference to "Improved Google Earth". You could very well be correct. All still working as expected including Google Earth

rdave13 16:25 30 Jul 2008

Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?