New Toolbar

Islandgirl 18:58 15 Jan 2009

how do I make a new toolbar to put on the desktoop. I already have 4 but cant remember how to make a new one.Joan

MAJ 19:05 15 Jan 2009

which operating system are you using?

MAJ 19:09 15 Jan 2009

I think it's the same in XP and Vista anyhow, Islandgirl. Just drag the icon of the thing you want a toolbar of to the top of the desktop and drop it.

Islandgirl 12:03 16 Jan 2009

Thank you for your replies Maj, sorry have been away from Computer for a while. I use Windows XP.
I can put shortcuts on the desktop, but have 5 boxes, labled "Exel and Word Pro" "Banks" etc. with the shorcuts nicely tucked in them ready to click and open. I had one called "Games" with 8 shortcuts in this box and it suddenly disappeared. I can still find it under documents/joan/toolbars but wanted to put the box back, have now got these 8 shortcuts singley on the desktop, so can still use them but for somereason I can seem to get another box to put them in. Sorry this is a bit complicated, but it is the only way I can try and describe what I am trying to do. Joan

Technotiger 12:16 16 Jan 2009

Right-click on the desktop and go to New>Folder a Folder will appear, give it a name and you can then put whatever shortcuts you want into that folder.

Technotiger 12:20 16 Jan 2009

Also if you then right-click on your new folder, then click on Properties>Customize you can put a picture on it of your own choice.

Islandgirl 12:30 16 Jan 2009

I can do this Technotiger but I want a Toolbar not a folder - The toolbars I have on my desktop, are like boxes with the icons in them - I can see the Icons in the boxes and can click on them to open each one. I am sorry I am not explaining myself very well but a folder just shows the folder with its name and I have to click to get the contents up, I want the seperate icons to show. I tried to "snag it" and copy and paste to here to show you but cant do that either, must be getting thick. Joan

Islandgirl 12:30 16 Jan 2009

I might be able to E-mail the snag it image to someone so they know what I want???? Joan

Technotiger 12:33 16 Jan 2009
  PO79 12:35 16 Jan 2009

click here for Vista but will probably be the same in XP.

Islandgirl 12:56 16 Jan 2009

Thank you very much, I now feel stupid. I already have 4 toolbars and now I can have my fifth one back. Thank you all again. Joan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone