NEW SET UP E/MAIL PROBLEM

little jack 18:15 20 Aug 2009

I have just set up a new base unit and monitor/tv all working well but can any one tell me how to transfer my e/mail address 'pop.ntlworld.com ?i thought i could unplug broadband lead from old computer and plug into new but it did not work ? any ideas ?

Taff™ 18:25 20 Aug 2009

What operating systems are the two computers? If the old one was XP you can export the mail accounts from Outlook Express I think.

little jack 18:40 20 Aug 2009

both windows xp. J

little jack 19:49 20 Aug 2009

I would be happy if i could transfer my old e/mail address to my new pc ? J

johnnyrocker 20:25 20 Aug 2009

you should be able to do this with file and transfer wizard look here for further info
click here

johnny

little jack 09:19 21 Aug 2009

Thanks can you select what you want to transfer ie just outlook express + e/mail address. J

britto 16:39 21 Aug 2009

I followed this

click here

BT 17:15 21 Aug 2009

Save your accounts and address book from your old PC, then Import them on your new one.

To save your accounts goto Tools>Accounts and Export each one. Save to a usb stick.

For your Address book. Open the Address Book and goto File>Export>Address Book(WAB). Save to the same USB stick as your accounts.

Probably best to put them both in a Labelled folder so you know what they are, and keep it safe. Saves a lot of time if you need to recover them at any time. Just remember to update them occasionally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone