New Search Facility in IE7

TonyV 19:04 21 Feb 2007

I see there is a means of adding a new search provider in IE7. I have tried to add Google UK, but am obviously not getting the right URL to type in the requisite box. Anyone any ideas what it should be?

I have been through the operation to get a new search provider, but Google UK does not come up in the listings, only Google, which is the main Web version.

Thanks

TonyV

skidzy 19:13 21 Feb 2007
  SANTOS7 19:17 21 Feb 2007

click here
open the link and copy and paste the URL into this
click here#
and see what happens..

TonyV 19:28 21 Feb 2007

Yes, I've been through that hoop and it is not operating. The link only gives the main Google search facility and this is already installed. I want to get the Google.co.uk as the search facility as an option. I did it the other day and since then had to restore the machine and lost it. I now cannot remember what address I printed in the top box in the Provider link. I know we have to add the TEST bit, presumable at the end of the click here. google.co.uk/ TEST, but it is not picking it up as a search facility. It is installing it but it is not searching with it!

Thanks fellas!

TonyV

SANTOS7 19:33 21 Feb 2007

click here#

google UK listed here,good luck..

TonyV 19:33 21 Feb 2007

Have copied the very long address that came when going to google.co.uk and searching for TEST. It obviously pays to read, mark, learn and inwardlly digest the instructions given in the new provider link! It now works OK.

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 19:35 21 Feb 2007

Many thanks for that last link. Though as I said earlier, I managed to get it anyway. Now ticked.

Cheers

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?