NEW SEAGATE EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE

emcyes 20:10 16 Aug 2008

I have got a new seagate new hard drive of 250gb(2008)and it works fine but one day i deleted some important file and while i tried recovering the file with RECUVA, i wondered i got back the lost file but alongwith this i got many more files predated to my purchase of this hard drive. How is it possible to get a old files like dated back to 1995 now in this brand new hard drive. Have i been deceived? Or the company have put up a old used hard drive into a new box and sold it. Please clarify.
Thanks...

Technotiger 20:20 16 Aug 2008

Looks as if you have been done! I would most definitely ask for an explanation from the company.

emcyes 20:38 16 Aug 2008

But i have registered the product with seagate successfully. Should i enquire them how the files creeped in to the new product?

Stuartli 20:41 16 Aug 2008

Could have been a Returns item from whichever retailer you bought it from, especially as it's a comparatively low capacity drive.

Seagate wouldn't need to descend to such tactics...:-)

emcyes 14:16 18 Aug 2008

I bought it through ebay,but it was a sealed box and i opened it myself, but untill i scanned for the recovery process i was very much confident about seagate. Yes i suppose they should have not done this way, but i have decided to send them the copy of those files extracted.

kjrider 14:22 18 Aug 2008

Did they have 250Gb drives in 1995?

ns1889 14:32 18 Aug 2008

I would suggest that its the person from ebay who has sent you a used drive and repackaged it and not Seagate.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?