New Ryzen build, no visuals, need help.

FrozdY 13:16 21 Apr 2017
Answered

Parts List:

• AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4 GHz S-AM4.
  • ASUS Prime X370-Pro S-AM4 ATX.
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 non-ECC(2x 8gb).
  • OCZ VERTEX 3 2.5" 240GB SSD SATA/600 MLC.
  • CORSAIR AX 1200W PROFESSIONAL SERIES MODULAR PSU.
  • MSI R9 390 8G.

okay, on to the situation, everything is connected, how I know that is because every LED is on, motherboard, CPU Cooler, Graphics card and RAM Cooler, but try as I might, I can't get any visuals to any of my monitors for some reason, could you guys please throw as many theories/solutions as possible please? It would be appreciated.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:35 21 Apr 2017

VGA or HDMI?

swapped cables?

power to graphics card?

FrozdY 14:06 21 Apr 2017

I've tried DVI to DVI, DVI to D-sub/VGA, HDMI to HDMI, DP to DP, and none work :(

FrozdY 14:07 21 Apr 2017

and I've conected the 8 and 6 pin connectors to the graphics card ofc.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:52 21 Apr 2017

Oh dear you must start to worry about graphics card or motherboard failure.

On board speaker does it POST?

I would be tempted to remove and refit the graphics card and retry.

Or build it outside of the case to ensure not shorts to earth and see if it will POST.

Menzie 17:34 21 Apr 2017

Try removing and reseating the video card.

When I replaced my 660 with my current 290x it wouldn't display until after several tries reseating it. Has worked perfectly ever since.

FrozdY 00:53 22 Apr 2017
Answer

it's either incompatible RAM, since I'm an idiot and ordered 3000MHz when the motherboard's only rated for 2666MHz, because using another graphics card doesn't work, so I'm waiting for my

• G.Skill Flare X AMD Series 16GB 2400MHz DDR4 Non-ECC

to come in, if those doesn't work, then I need a new Mobo, and then it SHOULD work since both graphics cards worked before I put them into the Ryzen build.

Or maybe I just have to get a "force" graphics as I like to call them that's one of those insanely cheap cards you use that doesn't have any extra power connectors, just to force the visuals to work, so basically just a plug-and-play graphics to be able to see WTF is going on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)