New Router suggestions? :)

chris6891 01:02 30 Dec 2004

Hey guys well I think its time that I got a new router. Basically I'm after an ADSL Modem//Router//4port Switch combo. Wireless isn't necessary. I previously had a 3com 3CRWE754G72-A but this broke hence the need of a new router. The only thing i need is stability. E.g. no dropping of connections, preferably a vast user base and help forum so problems can be solved easily etc etc. I know a majority of you guys will have routers and experience with them, so give me a hand please ! Thanks, Chris :)

AndySD 07:40 30 Dec 2004

Just to get things started.

I have a netgear router. Simple to set up and lots of users out there. A good helpline when I used it. Ok so it stopped working one wednesday but I phoned them and after a few checks they put a new one in the post saying when it arrived can I send my broken one to them. It arrived on the Friday and has been working ever since.

Jeffers22 07:43 30 Dec 2004

I would also endorse Netgear from personal experience. Very easy set up and a UK telephone support line that has people who are intelligent and helpful when you have questions - even when the question is general.

Meshuga 15:08 30 Dec 2004

I agree with that already said. I have the netgear DG834 and have had no trouble. Meshuga.

JIM 16:01 30 Dec 2004

netgear DG834 would be a good choice. As an alternative can recommend the Speedtouch range, 510 my favourite or the 545, the new 580 for future needs.

click here

Reliability in last 12mths no problems so far. Would consider compatibility with your ISP provider when selecting, what-ever you purchase.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone