New Router required - some advice please

Super Frankie Lamps 16:49 11 Jan 2008

i currently have a belkin 54g adsl modem/router which is approx 4 years old. i have connected 2 x hardwired pc's, 1 x wireless laptop, 1 x hardwired printer and the wii and ps3 connect wirelessly as well. All of the pc's run XP.

To cut a long story short, i need a new router that will satisfy all of the equipment above, and if possible be a little faster. i will also be investing in some kit for streaming wireless music in the near future (when i have sussed it out).

can i have some recommendations please, as i don't know if it would be easier to stick to belkin or whether with a little bit of reconfiguration i would be better of with another brand.

Thanks in advance.

pchelper001 16:53 11 Jan 2008

i would go for a netgear router, as this would satify your connection and you can also use the netgear wireless streaming devices.

ambra4 20:44 12 Jan 2008

Look at these, I personal don’t like Netgear or Belkin equipment, as they tends to be unreliable,

My son uses a Netgear wireless router and system would keep dropping off, now looking to replace with a D-link

At present we use D-link in the office and never had any problem in six years

D-Link Wireless G ADSL2+ Modem Router

click here

Personal I use 3Com equipment, as at the time of purchase D-link did not have a combine modem/router unit, never had any problems just sit on the shelf and work

3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 54Mbps ADSL2/2+ Modem Firewall Router

click here

Having installed Linksys equipment for companies and other persons, never had a call back as yet over the last five years

Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Gateway with SpeedBooster

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?