New quieter PSU

Nonny 16:10 02 Jan 2006

I am thinking of replacing my PSU with something a little quieter. I have put up with it for about 4 years. My system comprises an AMD Athlon 1600 processor and a MSI K7T266 motherboard. I am only running the basic components so a 350w PSU should be OK. Any recommendations for around £50.

DieSse 16:25 02 Jan 2006

I've recently put a Thermaltake 460W Purepower ultaraquiet into my system. It's got an extra large fan on the inside of the case side (not one on the back.) It's extremely quiet - has all the connectors - even a blue light (if you're into those sorts of things.) Shouldn't cost you more than 50 quid in the UK I should think.

DieSse 16:27 02 Jan 2006

Got them here click here noise level 17dBA - that's VERY quiet.

ade.h 16:40 02 Jan 2006

click here

The Q-Technology 400w Gold Series comes with my unofficial stamp of approval!

Or if you have very deep pockets, the Silentmaxx at more than twice the price (£160) is the ultimate silent PSU.

I'd rather have my almost silent Gold Series and save £90 though. It's in my office PC which is now moonlighting as an audio workstation, so silence is vital to me.

One caveat; no point in a silent PSU if the rest of your equipment makes a racket, so have a browse of the above site and get some quality bits to silence everything.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?